Berlin transportation - prices and tips
Getting to the Airport
There are 2 airports in Berlin:
- Tegel Airport (TXL) is the main airport of Berlin, located in 7 kilometers from the city.
- Schonefeld Airport (SFX) - Usually charter, as well as low cost airlines such as EasyJet. Located in 18 kilometers from the city
The official website of the airports of Berlin berlin-airport.de/en
By public transport
- Tegel - By express bus. Travel time is about 30-40 minutes to the center of Berlin, price 3,1 USD = 2.9 EUR
- Schonefeld - You can get there by Metro, Airport Express train and bus. Trip price 4,1 USD = 3.8 EUR
Taxi price from/to Berlin Airports
- Tegel Airport 32,1 - 42,8 USD = 30 - 40 EUR
- Schonefeld Airport 37,5 - 53,6 USD = 35 - 50 EUR
Transfer from the airport
- Tegel Airport 53,6 USD = 50 EUR
- Schonefeld Airport 64,3 USD = 60 EUR
You can view prices and book a ride to the airport with the international online service KiwiTaxi
Berlin city transportation cost
The city's transport system includes buses, metro, trams, electric trains (S-bahn) and ferries. There are three tariff zones in Berlin:
- A - city center.
- B - the whole city and Tegel airport
- C is a suburb of Berlin, including Potsdam, Schönefeld Airport and Oranienburg.
The ticket is the same for all types of transport and can be bought from machines at stops, or through the BVG mobile application. There is a wide variety of tickets:
Single tickets for short trips Kurzstrecke
You can travel 3 metro stops or six bus/tram stops. Discount for children.
- 1 ticket costs 2,1 USD = 2.00 EUR
- Pack of 4 tickets 6,4 USD = 6 EUR
Regular Einzelfahrausweis Single Tickets
Time limit 2 hours, you can change trains between different types of transport. Discount for children.
- 1 regular ticket for zone AB 3,2 USD = 3 EUR
- Pack of 4 tickets 10,1 USD = 9.4 EUR
- Tageskarte for 1 day, zones AB 9,4 USD = 8.8 EUR
- 7-Tage-Karte for 7 days, zones AB 38,6 USD = 36 EUR
- Kleingruppen-Tageskarte is a one day pass for a group of up to five people. zones AB 27,3 USD = 25.5 EUR
Berlin Welcome Card Tourist Tickets
Public Transport Card + 50% discount on tickets to Berlin attractions read more at www.visitberlin .de
- Price for 2 days 24,6 USD = 23 EUR
- 3 days 35,3 USD = 33 EUR
- 4 days 42,8 USD = 40 EUR
- 6 days 52,5 USD = 49 EUR
Websites for buying tickets
- Official website of Berlin city transport vbb.de
- There is a convenient website for tourists where you can buy single tickets for all types of public transport in different versions: sbahn.berlin/en/
Taxi fares in Berlin
- Jump in a taxi 2,1 USD = 2.00 EUR
- For a minute of waiting 0,32 USD = 0.30 EUR
- Per kilometer 1,4 USD = 1.30 EUR
Rent a city bike in Berlin
- 2 hours 6,4 - 8,6 USD = 6 - 8 EUR
- 4 hours 8,6 - 10,7 USD = 8 - 10 EUR
- Daily 12,9 - 15 USD = 12 - 14 EUR
City bike rental
Rent a car in Berlin
Examples of prices from international rental companies when booking in advance for 1 month for a period of 10 days.
- Ford Focus MT 22,5 USD = 21 EUR per day
- Mercedes-Benz A-class AT 37,5 USD = 35 EUR per day
- For full insurance without deductible, an extra charge of 10,7 - 16,1 USD = 10 - 15 EUR per day
Compare car rental prices at various rental companies and book a car with the world’s largest international service Rentalcars
- Super 1,6 USD = 1.45 EUR
- Diesel 1,4 USD = 1.30 EUR
Parking in the center of Berlin is around 3,2 USD = 3 EUR per hour.
Intercity Transportation in Germany
Buses from Berlin
Travel by bus, the cheapest way to travel around Europe.
As usual, the lowest price is offered when booking in advance. Examples of ticket prices between Berlin and cities:
- Warsaw 21,4 USD = 20 EUR travel time 7-8 hours
- Prague 17,1 USD = 16 EUR travel time 10-11 hours
- Amsterdam 32,1 USD = 30 EUR travel time 10-11 hours
- Munich 16,1 - 21,4 USD = 15 - 20 EUR travel time 7 hours
Сar trips Blablacar
An alternative to public transport is to travel in private cars through Blablacar.
Often such a trip is cheaper and more convenient than a bus or train. Approximate prices for trips from Berlin
- Prague 16,1 USD = 15 EUR
- Warsaw 21,4 USD = 20 EUR
- Amsterdam 32,1 USD = 30 EUR
Airfare to Munich
Many European airlines fly to Munich, including low-cost carriers.
Offers can vary in price, time and place of departure.
Traditionally, the more convenient the flight (in terms of time and place of departure), the more expensive.
All flight options from your departure city on OneTwoTrip
Read my review of useful websites to choose the right means of transport for your travel
Share new pricing information in Germany and report bugs:Please, submit prices and photos to the group Globalprice.info on Facebook
I want to study in Germany so kindly tell me about hostel price.
Costs you nothing, you get "Bafög"
read more here about it:
How much it cost 2 room apartment on sharing basis in germany the cheapest one?
- In germany nothing, if you come to Germany, you get free money each day, (around 900 USD) and for this you can get an apartement (mine costs 380 USD + water and radiators). I can not work atm because i am sick. You also get free healthcare (states healthcare). Like if you need new teeth you get it. This all will help you get started, and sadly, i can not work since 5 years, and i just get this money and my Apartment payed + healthcare. A apartement for two person works the same, you both get 460 euros + they pay your apartement if it costs not more than 500 USD. and of course both get heealthcare.
Pages: 1 | 2 [Next] | [Last]