Transport of Brussels and Belgium - price review
How much does it cost to get to the airport
To the airport by public transport
Brussels Airport is located in the city of Zaventem, 12 km from Brussels. Ways to get to the airport and prices:
On weekdays, a one-way trip costs 10,2 USD = 8.60 EUR and on weekends 17,5 USD = 14.80 EUR and takes about 20 minutes to reach the center of Brussels
Attention!, you need 2 buses, we are going with a transfer!
The bus company De Lijn connects the airport with the city center of Zaventem, and the company STIB connects Zaventem with Brussels. The road takes from 30 to 40 minutes
The total fare 9,5 - 15,4 USD = 8 - 13. EUR the ticket can be bought from the driver.
Taxi from Brussels Airport to the city center costs 41,5 - 53,4 USD = 35 - 45 EUR
Transfer from the airport
- Transfer to Brussels 45,1 USD = 38 EUR
- Transfer to Bruges 142,3 USD = 120 EUR
- Transfer to Gent 100,8 USD = 85 EUR
You can view prices and book a ride to the airport with the international online service KiwiTaxi
Taxi prices in Brussels
- Take a taxi 3,9 USD = 3.31 EUR
- Payment per kilometer 2,2 USD = 1.85 EUR
- Minute of waiting in traffic 0,59 USD = 0.50 EUR
Thus, a trip around the city can cost about 17,8 USD = 15. EUR Taxi to the airport will cost about 41,5 - 53,4 USD = 35 - 45 EUR
Prices for Brussels city transport
- Public transport ticket fare 2,5 USD = 2.1 EUR
- Travel by metro and buses 10 tickets 16,6 USD = 14 EUR
- Travel ticket for 24 hours 8,9 USD = 7.5 EUR
- Travel ticket for 48 hours 16,6 USD = 14 EUR
- Travel ticket for 72 hours 21,3 USD = 18 EUR
Car rental in Belgium
Examples of prices from international car rental companies. For full insurance without deductible extra charge 11,9 USD = 10 EUR per day
- Volkswagen Golf MT 26,1 USD = 22 EUR
- Volkswagen Golf AT 32 USD = 27 EUR
Compare car rental prices at various rental companies and book a car with the world’s largest international service Rentalcars
- Gasoline 95 1,7 USD = 1.46 EUR
- Diesel 1,7 USD = 1.45 EUR
Examples of prices for trains inside Belgium
- Travel from Brussels to Bruges 17,5 USD = 14.8. EUR time 55 minutes
- From Brussels to Antwerp 9,1 USD = 7.7. EUR time 35 minutes on the way
Types of train tickets
- Standard-ticket - A regular one way ticket, the price depends on the distance.
- Weekend ticket This is a round-trip ticket for the price of a one-way ticket
- Rail pass - ticket for 10 trips at the price of 98,4 USD = 83 EUR
- Go Pass 10 - a ticket for 10 trips for young people under 26 years old at a price of 62,8 USD = 53 EUR
- Go Pass 1 - One trip ticket for young people under 26 years old. Price is fixed regardless of the route. It is beneficial for one-time long-distance trips.
Features of the Belgian Railways
- Important! You can make a stop of any duration if the stop point is on the route of the ticket.
- If the route with transfers, then you do not need to buy separate tickets. The ticket is bought from point A to point B, no matter how many transfers you need to make.
- Tickets are sold to a specific city, not the station. Therefore, for example, it does not matter if you exit Brussel Central or Brussel Midi.
- Children under 12 travel free
- The price of the ticket does not change depending on the place of purchase. Both at the box office, in the machine, and on the website tickets cost the same. The ticket price does not depend on the date of purchase.
Buses from Brussels
Traveling by bus, the cheapest way to travel around Europe.
As usual, the lowest price is offered when booking in advance. Examples of ticket prices:
- Brussels - Bruges 7,1 USD = 6 EUR ride 1 hour 20 minutes
- Brussels - Gent ticket price 7,1 USD = 6 EUR ride 1 hour
Transportation prices from Brussels to neighboring countries
- Brussels - Paris 11,9 - 19 USD = 10 - 16 EUR on the way 3,5-4 hours
- Brussels - Amsterdam 11,9 - 19 USD = 10 - 16 EUR on the road 2.45-3 hours
- Brussels - Paris 71,1 - 83 USD = 60 - 70 EUR and 2 hours on the way
- Brussels - Amsterdam 65,2 - 71,1 USD = 55 - 60 EUR on the road 2-3 hours
Read my review of useful websites to choose the right means of transport for your travel