Transport and attractions in Dubrovnik
Buses, ferries and taxis
Public transportation developed quite well even in the old town.
Cost of bus ride 1,9 USD = 12 HRK if purchased in advance at a kiosk, or 2,4 USD = 15 HRK from the driver.
All information about routes, timetables and fares can be found on the official website libertasdubrovnik.com.
Intercity buses schedule
Ferries from Dubrovnik
- Dubrovnik - Lokrum - Sv.Jakov - Dubrovnik 12,1 USD = 75 HRK
- Dubrovnik - Lopud - Dubrovnik 35,6 USD = 220 HRK
- Call free of charge. Boarding 4,4 USD = 27 HRK and then per a mile 1,5 USD = 9 HRK
- Service Meeting at the airport Dubrovnik from 40,4 USD = 250 HRK
Meeting at the airport by tour companies
The cost of parking
The cheapest option - a mile walk from the old town 1,6 USD = 10 HRK per hour. In the Downtown 6,5 USD = 40 HRK per hour.
The cost of a covered parking
Attractions and entertainment in Dubrovnik with prices
Dubrovnik offers a large number of travel agencies and tours.
- Lokrum Island by kayak 56,6 USD = 350 HRK duration 4 hours.
- Walk tour to the Fort Imperial 40,4 USD = 250 HRK per 2.5 hour hike.
- A Walk in the suburb of Dubrovnik 469,3 USD = 2 904 HRK hours.
Lokrum Island by kayak
Excursion to the Fort Imperial
Walk in the suburb of Dubrovnik
The prices for excursions and tours (various agencies in Dubrovnik)
- Mostar from 46,9 USD = 290 HRK
- Montenegro 46,9 USD = 290 HRK
- Korcula 63 USD = 390 HRK
- Medugorje 56,6 USD = 350 HRK
- Castle of Sokol 129,3 USD = 800 HRK
- World famous TRSTENO Arboretum and STON town 129,3 USD = 800 HRK
- 3 islands with lunch 35,6 USD = 220 HRK
- Split 88,9 USD = 550 HRK
Various group day tours
Visit to Split
More excursions and tours in Dubrovnik
- Walking city tour 14,5 USD = 90 HRK
- water bus excursion (boat with glass bottom) 12,1 USD = 75 HRK
Walking city Tours
glass-bottom boat excursion
Cable car and mountain view point
A wonderful view of the city opens from the mountains. To get there without a car, you can either walk, winding through the mountains, or cable car .
The fare one-way 14,5 USD = 90. HRK and back 21 USD = 130. HRK There is a free toilet and a small restaurant.
Cable car ticket prices
The cable car in Dubrovnik
Menu at the restaurant on top of the mountain
Tour companies of Dubrovnik
A lot of information about tours, excursions, transportation and housing, can be found on tour companies we-sites:
Sites for booking excursions
Inexpensive rental housing
Try to look for accommodation a little further from Dubrovnik itself, in cities nearby, such as Mlini.
It will be cheap and cheerful. The price is in the region of 24,2 USD = 20 EUR for an excellent euro room of a decent size, clean, cozy with a balcony and a gorgeous sea view.
The price also includes a shared kitchen. A distinctive feature of shower cabins in the countries of the former Yugoslavia is the use
a tank-tank for slow heating of water, the volume of which is often not enough for taking a shower for two people in turn. The second person has to wait
until the water heats up.
You can view prices, book accommodations and read about the pros and cons of various hotel search engines in my review of hotel and apartment reservation systems
Photo of an inexpensive hotel near Dubrovnik
Room in a budget hotel
View from the balcony to the sea
Bathroom in the hotel for 20 euros
Budget hotel kitchenette
Currency exchange offices are scattered throughout the city in abundance, make sure that the exchange rate is correct and
no interest rate or one-time remuneration. Always negotiate the amount in advance.
Currency exchange office