The review of transportation of Tallinn with fares
The airport is within walking distance from the bus station. Location: 59.417053, 24.799078.
Most of the European budget airlines fly from this airport, so that Tallinn has become a good transit point
How to get to Tallinn airport
Tallinn Airport is located near the city center and can be easily reached by public transport:
- By tram, the journey will take 15 minutes. Standard public transport ticket 1,7 - 2,3 USD = 1.5 - 2 EUR
- By city bus. At a similar price.
- By taxi, about 11,6 USD = 10 EUR Tallinn Airport does not recommend using private taxis outside the airport
You can view prices and book a ride to the airport with the international online service KiwiTaxi
Public transport in Tallinn
There are buses, trolley buses and trams. Opening hours from 6 am to midnight.
The cost of an hour's ride, if paid to the driver 2,3 USD = 2. EUR no change! Alternatively, you can purchase an electronic card Smartcard (deposit 2,3 USD = 2 EUR )
The fare in this case 1,7 USD = 1.50 EUR including all transfers, but no more than 3 per day.
Official website of the public transportation in Tallinn: tallinnlt.ee/en
- Day ticket for 24 hours 5,2 USD = 4.50 EUR
- 3 days ticket 8,7 USD = 7.50 EUR
- 5-day ticket: 10,4 USD = 9 EUR
- Ticket for 30 days 34,8 USD = 30 EUR
The cost of a taxi in the city
Start 3 USD = 2.55. EUR per km. 0,72 USD = 0.62 EUR Nightly rates may be higher than 20 percent. From the airport taxi to the city center will cost 11,6 USD = 10 EUR
Car rental in Tallinn
The cost of rental cars
Estimated price for rental cars per day from Rentalcars.com. For full insurance with no deductible surcharge of about 11,6 USD = 10 EUR
- Opel Astra, MT 17,4 USD = 15 EUR
- Volkswagen Golf, MT 23,2 USD = 20 EUR
- Toyota Yaris, AT 25,5 USD = 22 EUR
- VW Golf, AT 34,8 USD = 30 EUR
Compare car rental prices at various rental companies and book a car with the world’s largest international service Rentalcars
Parking and petrol
Pay parking signs marked understandable and must be paid in cash at the machines or using a mobile app. Official website: parkimine.ee
- Cost in the city center 5,6 - 7 USD = 4.8 - 6 EUR per hour.
- In the residential areas of Tallinn 0,70 - 1,74 USD = 0.6 - 1.5 EUR per hour.
- The cost of gasoline is 95 1,5 USD = 1.27 EUR per liter.
- Diesel 1,3 USD = 1.13 EUR per liter.
- The first hour 2,6 USD = 2.23. EUR each additional hour 2,3 USD = 2 EUR
- Bike rental 6 hours 11,9 USD = 10.24 EUR hours 15,1 USD = 13 EUR
- At 6 or more days in 7,4 USD = 6.4 EUR per day
Intercity buses in Estonia
The bus station in Tallinn
Tallinn Bus Station is within walking distance from the city center. Website bussijaam.ee.
Location 59.427460, 24.773969.
Bus station outside
Bus station in Estonia
Bus companies Lux Express and EcoLines
They have a huge routes from the station. Buses of these companies exclusively comfortable. Their offices are located right there.
There is a sufficient number of local carriers, such as Sebe
Examples of prices for intercity buses
- Bus Tallinn - Riga 19,7 USD = 17 EUR
- Bus Riga - Vilnius 23,2 USD = 20 EUR
Read my review of useful websites to choose the right means of transport for your travel
Buying tickets, luggage
In most cases the cheapest tickets are sold on the sales advance.
Tickets can be purchased in cash machines and paid by credit card.
The bus station has automatic luggage storage cell. Fare 1,2 - 3,5 USD = 1 - 3 EUR
for 24 hours depending on the size.
The seaport of Tallinn is located not far from the city center. Can be reached on foot or by public transport. The main operators of sea passenger transportation are Viking Line and Silja Line
A ticket for the Tallinn - Helsinki route costs about 23,2 - 46,4 USD = 20 - 40. EUR depending on the time of day