Housing prices in Tallinn, Estonia
Travel Accommodation Prices
Tallinn has a huge number of tourist hotels.
Average prices. For 46,4 - 81,2 USD = 40 - 70 EUR you can find a pretty decent 4 star hotel with an excellent breakfast.
Of course, there are budget hotels at half the price, and of course, much more expensive options.
Estimated prices for standard hotels and apartments via booking.com
- Hostel in the center costs 13,9 - 20,9 USD = 12 - 18 EUR per bed, for example Old Town Munkenhof
- Hotel room 2-3 stars stars 34,8 - 58 USD = 30 - 50. EUR for example Citybox Tallinn
- 4 star hotel room, 58 - 81,2 USD = 50 - 70 EUR
- Renting a small apartment of 30-40m2 in the center 34,8 - 46,4 USD = 30 - 40 EUR
You can view prices, book accommodations and read about the pros and cons of various hotel search engines in my review of hotel and apartment reservation systems
Old Town Munkenhof Hostel
Cheap apartments in the old town
Example of good price/quality housing in Tallinn
The photo shows a 4-star hotel in the port Hestia Hotel Europa
, within walking distance of the old town.
Great clean spacious rooms and bathroom, exceptionally quality food with ample selection for the morning buffet breakfast.
The price also includes a visit to the sauna.
Long term rental
- Renting a small apartment with furniture 45-50 m2 in the center 464,1 - 812,2 USD = 400 - 700. EUR not in the center 406,1 - 580,2 USD = 350 - 500 EUR
- Rent a large apartment with furniture 80-90 m2 in the center 696,2 - 1 160,3 USD = 600 - 1000. EUR not in the center 522,2 - 870,3 USD = 450 - 750 EUR
In the photo, an example of an apartment with an area of 50m2 far from the center of Tallinn, price 464,1 USD = 400 EUR per month
Buying real estate in Estonia
Price per square meter, depending on the district and from the house (new or old house).
- In central areas the price is about 2 320,7 - 3 481 USD = 2 000 - 3 000 EUR per m2
- In remote areas 1 740,5 - 2 320,7 USD = 1 500 - 2 000 EUR per m2
A small one-bedroom apartment 50-60m2 in a residential area in a good house will cost about 116 034,2 USD = 100 000 EUR
How to look for housing in Estonia and Tallinn
To find long-term housing at the best price, use bulletin board sites for local residents and real estate agencies:
Utility bills in Estonia
Examples of housing and communal services tariffs in Tallinn
- Cold water 0,71 USD = 0.61 EUR per m3
- Drainage 1,1 USD = 0.91 EUR per m3
- Hot water Tariff 5,8 USD = 5 EUR per m3
- Heating about 1,2 USD = 1 EUR per m2 area
- Electricity 0,22 USD = 0.19 EUR per kWh
- Home Internet costs about 23,2 - 34,8 USD = 20 - 30 EUR per month
Thus, utility bills for a small apartment of 40-50 m2 in winter will be about 116 USD = 100. EUR Of these, for heating 34,8 USD = 30 EUR