Transportation in Laos (Luang Prabang, Bokeo, Pakbeng)
Buses and boats from the border with Thailand
How to get from Nam Ngen Border Crossing to Pakbeng
Tuk Tuk to the border with Thailand (Nam Ngen Border Crossing) to the town of Muang Ngeun costs 0,54 USD = 5 000 LAK
Local bus Muang Ngeun - Pakbeng 3,8 USD = 35 000 LAK Departure once a day at 12:00 pm, with a bus station in the city center ( Location: 19.622010, 101.110072) . But can easily go both later and earlier!
Dimensional luggage is placed on the roof. Buy tickets at the ticket office at the bus station. In Pakbeng from the bus station to the area of the marina and the guest-house is about 2.5 miles, which can easily be either passed by foot or hired a tuk tuk.
The bus in Muang Ngeun
Prices from Muang Ngeun
Buses from Huay Xai
The bus station in Bokeo (Huay Xai) Location: 20.249993,100.443572
- Bus Bokeo (Huay Xai) - Luang Prabang 13 USD = 120 000 LAK departure at 14.00 every day
- Bus Bokeo (Huay Xai) - Vientiane 24,9 USD = 230 000 LAK departure at 11.30 every day
Bus station in Bokeo
Schedule and prices from Bokeo
The bus station in Luang Prabang
Boats from Huay Xai on the Mekong
Slow big boats go to Luang Prabang from Hua Xai with a stop in Pakbeng.
- Price from Hua ksaia to Luang Prabang 23,8 USD = 220 000 LAK
- From Luang Prabang to Pakbenga 11,9 USD = 110 000 LAK
In Pakbeng go to the pier (should be in the morning at 8 am) to find out what boats go and sit in the proper one. The ticket will be sold in the boat. Departure at 9 am, but can easily hold. Arrive no earlier than 5 - 6 pm the same day.
Pier in Pakbeng
Inside the boat
Salon of a ship
The boat outside
Cruise super boat
Transportation in Luang Prabang
The bus station in Luang Prabang BANNALUANG
Location Google: 19.86851, 102.13189 . Prior to this bus station is within walking distance, or hire a tuk-tuk.
Types and basic prices for the direction Luang Prabang - Vientiane:
- EXPRESS 11,9 USD = 110 000 LAK
- VIP 14,1 USD = 130 000 LAK
- SLEEPING BUS 16,2 USD = 150 000 LAK (toilet, eating in local dining after 5 hours travel and water included in the price). This bus comes to Vientiane near 7 am the next day.
Prices and bus schedule
Schedule and prices to Vientiane
Bus fares for various directions
Domestic and international buses
Bus prices and directions from Luang Prabang
Prices of different directions
Local city Buses
inside the local bus
Vip and Express buses
Express bus inside
Express bus outside
VIP bus to Luang Prabang
Sleeper coaches (Sleeping bus)
SLEEPING BUS with 2 rows
Sleeping bus with three rows
Features of taxi and tuk tuks in Laos
Tuk tuks in Laos is a mix of Thai tuk-tuk and Thai Songteo. There is a roof rack where you can put a lot of utensils, and fit within the 8 people.
The cost depends on the distance. up to 5 km. 0,54 USD = 5 000 LAK to 10 km 1,1 USD = 10 000 LAK But they may charge a half - twice as expensive, especially if you do not know the distance of travel.
Prices for rental bike
Tuk Tuk in Laos
Rent a bicycle or bike
- Prices for bicycles 2,2 USD = 20 000 LAK per day
- Mountain bike 5,4 USD = 50 000 LAK
- Motobike manual transmission 11,9 USD = 110 000 LAK per day, automatic 15,2 USD = 140 000 LAK