The review of public transportatin of Athens in Greece
How to get to the the seaport
The sea port where cruise liners stop, located in the Pireas.
Coordinates: 37.938001, 23.635867. From Athens, the port can be reached by subway.
Coordinates of the metro station in Pireas: 37.948036, 23.642815.
Metro and city transport in Athens
To visit the major central attractions such as the Acropolis, you can get off at THISSIO.
Tickets can be purchased at the ticket office or automatic machines for cash.
- Fare 1,3 USD = 1.20 EUR for a ticket, which can be used in all transport modes, it is valid for 70 minutes.
- A ticket for 4,5 USD = 4.00 EUR valid for all modes of transport within 24 hours.
Before boarding an underground train ticket is necessary to stamp!
metro line from the seaport
Tickets for the Athens transport
public transport tickets
How to get to the airport of Athens
Athens International Airport is situated at a distance of 30 kilometers from the city. Coordinates: 37.937985, 23.946042
You can reach the city center by the third line of the metro (fare 8,9 USD = 8 EUR ) or buses X92, X93, X94, X95, X96, X97 (cost 5,6 USD = 5 EUR )
In 40 minutes you can reach on a special shuttle bus. Price 8,8 USD = 7.90. EUR
Airport Site: www.aia.gr
Taxi in Athens
We can not say that the taxi in the city look neat, but not too dirty.
- The cost of boarding 1,3 USD = 1.19 EUR
- 0,38 USD = 0.34 EUR per kilometer inside the city during the day
- 0,71 USD = 0.64 EUR per kilometers outside the city or at night from 0 to 5 in the morning.
- The minimum fare 3,6 USD = 3.20 EUR
Examples of taxi fares
- Downtown - Sea Port (Piraeus port) 17,8 USD = 16. EUR go 50 minutes and 13 km
- A taxi to the airport 35km and 40 minutes. price 39 USD = 35 EUR
There may be hidden charges. Tipping is not mandatory. Insist on using the meter!
Taxi in Athens
Examples of car rental prices in Athens and Greece
- Nissan Micra, mechanical/automatic 19 - 20,1 USD = 17 - 18 EUR
- Suzuki Splash, automatic 25,6 USD = 23 EUR
- Volkswagen Golf, mechanics 26,8 USD = 24 EUR
- Hyundai I30, automatiс 30,1 USD = 27 EUR
For the insurance with no deductible surcharge of about 11,1 USD = 10 EUR per day