Dining and drinking prices in India and Delhi
Thali - set lunch, or just a meal
I would like to highlight the main dish for a hungry traveler India - Thali, or set lunch, or just a meal.
This chic, puffed rice, one, two mini cakes and plenty of additions of pickles, sauces and soups mini in one dish.
The main feature of the meal - possibility of additives, including rice.
That is, in the local eateries for 0,54 - 0,82 USD = 40 - 60 INR (vegetarian option), you get almost the buffet !!!
Thali in various states of India
Thali in Rishikesh
Kerala - Cochin
Please note that, for example, in the Nordic states, you can ask additional payment for rice, but everything else (except cakes) should add for free.
How much is a street food in India
On the streets of India selling cheap food, snacks and drinks.
- Tea 0,11 - 0,14 USD = 8 - 10 INR
- Coca-Cola 0,07 USD = 5 INR
- Coconut - Walnut 0,14 - 0,27 USD = 10 - 20 INR per serving
- Lemon drinks 0,14 - 0,20 USD = 10 - 15 INR (Be careful with the choice !!!)
- Chicken shawarma 0,68 USD = 50 INR
- Samos and other baked goods 0,08 - 0,14 USD = 6 - 10 INR
- Paratha (Burrito) 0,08 - 0,11 USD = 6 - 8 INR
- Tali (just food) 0,82 USD = 60 INR
- Wada (donuts of lentil flour) 0,08 USD = 6 INR
What are the prices at eateries for locals
- Tea 0,10 - 0,14 USD = 7 - 10 INR
- Masala dosa (pancake with stuffing) 0,41 - 0,82 USD = 30 - 60 INR usually on sale all day
- Appam (pancake steamed) 0,41 USD = 30 INR per serving
- Tali, or business lunch or simply EATING (Meal) 0,54 - 1,09 USD = 40 - 80 INR almost always served only during the day, from about 12 to 15
- Uppuma (porridge) 0,20 - 0 USD = 15 - INR usually only for breakfast
- Idli (rice cakes) 0,11 - 0,14 USD = 8 - 10 INR
- Uttapam in various versions (flat bread) 0,27 - 0,82 USD = 20 - 60 INR
- Vegetarian rice Bryani 0,54 - 1,09 USD = 40 - 80 INR
- Cakes Batura 0,54 - 0,82 USD = 40 - 60 INR the set includes sauces
- Tortilla Paratha 0,41 - 0,54 USD = 30 - 40 INR with sauces
- Chapati cakes with sauces 0,27 - 0,41 USD = 20 - 30 INR
- Buffets from 3,4 USD = 250. INR Quite rare, and usually only run on certain days of the week.
Photos of cheap cafes and restaurants
Photos of meals
Price-list of the best restaurants in Rishikesh
Restaurant in Rishikesh
Menus for breakfast and lunch
Price list, local restaurant
Restaurant in Cochin
Restaurant in Cochin
Menu in the restaurant
What are the prices in cafes and restaurants for tourists in Delhi and India.
Food courts in New Delhi
Prices on average two - two and a half times higher than for local eateries. For example thali will cost 2,7 - 3,4 USD = 200 - 250 INR
- Masala Dosa 1,1 - 1,4 USD = 80 - 100 INR
- Masala tea 0,95 - 1,22 USD = 70 - 90 INR
- Uttapam with chutney (tortilla with sauce) 1,2 - 1,4 USD = 90 - 105 INR
Cafe in food courts in Delhi
Menu in a cafe
Examples of dishes and prices in Delhi restaurant
- rice with sambar 1,4 USD = 105 INR
- chutney sandwich 1,2 USD = 85 INR
- Mushroom Masala (pancake with mushrooms) 2,8 USD = 205 INR
- Kadhai Paneer (cheese curry) 2,9 USD = 215 INR
- Dal Makhani (spicy dish of lentils) 2,6 USD = 190 INR
- Paneer Tikka (grilled meat) 2,6 USD = 195 INR
- idli on the oil (cake) 1,4 USD = 100 INR
- Batura (donuts) 1,2 USD = 90 INR
- Vegetarian samosa 0,34 USD = 25 INR
- Wada (donuts) 0,27 USD = 20 INR
- Meat cutlet, meat samosa 0,48 USD = 35 INR
- Rice Bryani vegetarian or with egg 1,8 USD = 130 INR
- Fish Curry 2,7 USD = 200 INR
- Pop Corn 0,68 - 0,82 USD = 50 - 60 INR per serving
- Puttu 0,41 - 0,68 USD = 30 - 50 INR
- Cakes, buns 0,82 - 2,04 USD = 60 - 150 INR
- Drinks, juices 1 - 2,4 USD = 75 - 180 INR
Starbucks in India
- Drinks 1,5 - 3,8 USD = 110 - 280 INR
- Cakes 1,4 - 2,7 USD = 100 - 200 INR
Starbucks in India
How much is a fast food meals
- Subway, sub of the day 1,6 USD = 120 INR
- Hamburger from 0,41 USD = 30 INR
- Coffee 0,61 - 0,95 USD = 45 - 70 INR
- Cakes 4,1 - 10,9 USD = 300 - 800 INR
cakes in the cafe
What alcohol is popular in India and how much it costs.
The prevalence and alcohol consumption is strongly dependent on the state of India.
For example, in Goa, spirits drinks can be purchased even in a supermarket, while in Kerala, only in a specialized shop or restaurant with license.
- Beer in a bar in New Delhi 2 - 4,8 USD = 150 - 350 INR for 10 ounces (about 0.3 liters)
- Whisky and other spirits 1,3 - 2,7 USD = 95 - 200 INR per 30ml.
- Cocktails costs about 4,1 USD = 300 INR
Prices for beer in a bar
Wicks, rum and vodka
Inside the bar
Drinking water in India
As well as throughout Asia, one of the essential products is drinking water.
No conventional machines for pouring water on the streets. In public, the state and religious institutions sometimes there is water on tap.
You are advised to always carry your own glass or a bottle, I would not drink from reusable glassware public.
If you live a long time in one place, it is most advantageous to take a large bottle of 20 liters.
Price 0,82 - 1,09 USD = 60 - 80 INR plus deposit per container about 2 USD = 150. INR Alternatively, you can buy a 5 liter bottles fpr 0,68 - 0,95 USD = 50 - 70. INR
Water on tap
20 liter bottle of water