Review of prices in Canada for food, services and housing - the cost of living in Canada
Cost of food at grocery stores in Toronto
- Pork from 4,8 USD = 6 CAD
- 1 liter of milk costs 2 - 2,4 USD = 2.5 - 3 CAD
- apple, peach 1,6 USD = 2 CAD per kg.
More:Prices at grocery stores of Toronto
Examples prices of cafes and restaurants in Canada (Toronto)
- Coffee from 1 USD = 1.30 CAD
- Dinner at a restaurant 14,4 USD = 18 CAD
- Steak at steak-house costs 18,4 USD = 23 CAD
More: Prices at a cafe or restaurant
Grocery prices in Vancouver
- Fresh beef 5,3 USD = 6.6 CAD
- Butter for 0.5 kg. 4,8 - 5,6 USD = 6 - 7 CAD
- Peaches, nectarines 2,8 USD = 3.5 CAD
More: Grocery prices in Vancouver
Attracions prices in Canata (Toronto)
- One ticket, which includes the main Toronto tourist attractions 57,5 USD = 72 CAD
- Zoo ticket 22,4 USD = 28 CAD
- Billiards, bowling everywhere in Toronto. Price from 4,8 USD = 6 CAD per hour for a table
More: Things to do in Toronto
Transport in Toronto and Canada (Ontario)
Go Transit is a long-distance carrier to the next GTA cities.
This transit system includes buses, diesel comfortable trains and two-story electric trains.
This carrier is one of the most expensive. Support rather ramified transport links and goes quite often.
Trains run very slowly, but on schedule.
Public transportation in Toronto
- One trip (pay with cash) 2,4 USD = 3.00 CAD
- Pass for a month 102,6 USD = 128.50 CAD
More: Intercity transportation in Ontario
Rent a car and used cars
Used cars in Canada
- TOYOTA COROLLA, 5 years old 7 107,9 USD = 8 900 CAD
- 2 years, Honda Fit 9 024,6 USD = 11 300 CAD
- 7 years, FORD FOCUS 5 580,9 USD = 6 988 CAD
- Underground parking (Toronto) 31,9 - 43,9 USD = 40 - 55 CAD per month
- Car Insurance 79,9 - 159,7 USD = 100 - 200 CAD per month
Cost of car rental, parking features
- budget car rental fare 9,6 - 16 USD = 12 - 20 CAD
- usually inexpensive 16 - 24 USD = 20 - 30 CAD
- parking for half an hour from 1,2 - 2,4 USD = 1.5 - 3 CAD
- parking fines 12 - 31,9 USD = 15 - 40. CAD
- Back evacuated car will cost you about 199,7 USD = 250 CAD
More: Cost of used cars in Canada and rent cars
Housing prices and rent apartment in Canada
For periods ranging from 2 to 3 months or more, you can find cheap accommodation from private owners.
The cost depends on the location. You can find 399,3 - 559 USD = 500 - 700 CAD per month, a private room in the basement is a possible,
but must be sought is usually long. The price usually includes electricity and water.
In the largest city of Quebec - Montreal, house with one or two bedrooms costs 239 591,4 - 319 455,2 USD = 300 000 - 400 000 CAD In Vancouver, house prices start at 319 455,2 USD = 400 000 CAD Electricity per month for a private house (150 sqm) 39,9 - 55,9 USD = 50 - 70 CAD Sewerage and plumbing for a private home in a month 39,9 - 47,9 USD = 50 - 60 CAD
More: Houses, apartments in Canada