Transportation prices in England and London
Tickets in London, you can buy single or pay card Oyster. Card cheaper.
There are travel Travel card for 1 day, 3 days, a week. Travel card can be purchased separately, or you can use the Oyster, which can operate in the Travel card.
Consider briefly features fare payment
Examples of prices on the subway, if you buy individual tickets
- 2-zone 5,2 USD = 4.30 GBP
- 6 zone 6,6 USD = 5.40 GBP
One-time buy not be very profitable, they are expensive and every time you need to buy a new ticket.
Examples of prices on the subway, if pay Oyster
- 2-zone 3,3 USD = 2.70 GBP per hour peak, not the peak 2,4 USD = 2.00 GBP
- 6 zone 5,8 USD = 4.80 GBP in rush hour standard time 3,5 USD = 2.90 GBP
All the red buses, trams, underground, trains.
- 1 day 9,1 USD = 7.50 GBP for children 2,4 USD = 2.00 GBP
- 3 days 27,4 USD = 22.50 GBP for children 7,3 USD = 6.00 GBP
- 7 days 58 USD = 47.60 GBP children 29 USD = 23.80 GBP
Travelcard does NOT apply to:
- Suburban and intercity buses
- Tourist buses;
- Trains Stansted Express, Gatwick Express and Heathrow Express, as well as the Heathrow Connect between stations and Heathrow Airport, Hayes & Harlington.
Cost of the Bus pass
Buses and trams. It is valid for travel on all red buses, including night and Express
- 7 days 21,7 USD = 17.80 GBP
- 1 month 83,4 USD = 68.40 GBP
Examples of prices for long-distance trains
- London -Vinsdor return 21,9 USD = 18 GBP
- From London to Birmingham 23,2 USD = 19 GBP
- London - Edinburgh 119,4 - 182,8 USD = 98 - 150 GBP (4 and a half hours)
- London - Oxford 9,7 USD = 8 GBP
- London - Chester in one direction 36,6 USD = 30 GBP
Taxi is expensive, for example
- From Heathrow Airport to the centre costs 79,2 USD = 65. GBP
- In the city 5 min drive 8,5 - 9,7 USD = 7 - 8 GBP
- For example, with Liverpool Street Station in London Victoria Station London 20 min 7 km 19,5 USD = 16 GBP
- From Paddington station in Victoria station 10 min 5 km 12,2 USD = 10 GBP
Litre of petrol costs 1,6 - 1,7 USD = 1.3 - 1.4 GBP